Sunday, October 3, 2010

Death

Just last at night, I had a horrid nightmare, which involved natural catastrophes separating me from my family, no matter how hard I tried, I was always pushed back by some unseen force, which made be wonder, if in the dream, they were dead. And I woke up with tears on my face, to realize the full impact of deaths. It is not death itself, but the impact that person's death has on us. Imagine what is beyond death, I constantly do, praying dearly that there is a "life" after death. That there is an afterlife, but simply out souls are passed on to our next body, and our mind remains, leaving our former memories behind. But every single time I do, I always get and image of nothing. Pure darkness. No sound, no feeling whatsoever, I am unable to experience anything, because I have none of the five senses. Which is why, My only fear, is death. Not my actual death, but other people's deaths. People who I am close to, Families, Friends. All of my other fears, are all directly, or indirectly related to, death.When I grow up a bit more, I want to be, someone to affect the lives of people drastically, a/n educator, a teacher. Someone special in your life, so that when you are aging, and on your deathbed, you will reflect on your time with me and smile.

10 comments:

  1. Death of others close or just someone you know is sad .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cab totally understand your feeling about death!

    I like your ending, it's very positive:

    When I grow up a bit more, I want to be, someone to affect the lives of people drastically, a/n educator, a teacher. Someone special in your life, so that when you are aging, and on your deathbed, you will reflect on your time with me and smile.

    Good writing, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey william,
    this is your big brother. i just want to say that you are amazing. i've shown this passage to a few of my friends and peers; they think i'm lying when i say you're only 10. they feel that you're a genius. and you are.

    i'm glad that you are my brother because i now know i have someone intelligent and mature to rely on. don't stop working hard and more importantly thinking hard.

    with love,
    your big brother carl

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey william :)
    This is Armita, one of Carl's friends from high school. I saw this on his fb and read it. I want you to know that was one of the most amazing passages i have ever read. You're lucky to have the ability to articulate your feelings that clearly and so pointedly. I'm sure Carl will agree with me when I say that you are gonna grow up and do amazing things! I sincerely hope that you reach all the goals you set for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. william, this is some excellent writing. odds are, you will continue to write crazy good as you keep writing. but to offer counterintuitive piece of advice: don't worry about writing well, or what other people think of you writing. just keep writing, and write for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a deep passage..... you could be someone like poe when you grow up :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh. and also, yur only 10?!?!!? o.O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm one of Carl's floormates. My name is Laurence.

    What you said about this image of nothing, of pure darkness... I was thinking almost the same thing just last night. I feel so happy, so alive right now; the reason why death frightens me is that it can take that all away. When I die, I won't be able to see my friends' faces anymore. I can't even be sure if I'll remember them. When looking back, I listen to music closely linked to my memories, to feel what I felt when I lived through those memories. But when I die, I won't be able to hear that music anymore. And ultimately, what can it possibly be like for your consciousness, your thoughts, your perceptions to suddenly end?

    I'm so afraid of all that could be lost that I'd rather just disappear when I die, as if I went to sleep and never woke up.

    ReplyDelete